Thursday, July 7, 2011

Discussions

Motherhood is truly one of the toughest jobs out there. And yes, maybe some folks have done a lot of babysitting, but it's still not motherhood. Then there is the balancing act of being a mother and working full time. And then all the other duties and roles that there are to play, it really can be challenging to balance everything.

However, discussions of being a mother and being challenged by many different roles and responsibilities is one that I only have with select people. I don't like it when I know someone is trying to make themselves the perfect mother. Really, there is no perfect mother. So I really treasure those moms and friends in my life that I can be so brutally honest with in terms of motherhood and balancing everything in one's life.

I was fortunate today to go out with a co-worker for lunch before she went on an extended leave. This person is not one that I go out to lunch with often due to schedules. But when I get to go with her, it's a great conversation. We spill the beans on our own lives, our challenges, what we're going to do and we also learn from each other. And I always tell her how much I value our relationship and the way we can just spill...and how we don't even try to show that we're perfect mothers. It's awesome. Every working mom needs one of these people.

No comments: