Sunday, January 10, 2010

Software

The one complaint my husband has is that antivirus software hogs up a TON of resources and slows everything down. He is computer savvy and has set up some system of firewalls for our protection. But our family is computer savvy enough overall to understand not to open e-mails from people we don't know, not to download from unsafe sights...you get the idea. Knock on wood, we have been very fortunate about not getting a major virus.

At work, we do have this type of software and for good reasons. However, it can take soooooo looonnnng to get to anything while the software is checking. I recently found some type of antivirus software that looks promising...but I'm not IT and we all know they don't listen to me. But it looks really interesting...doesn't slow down the pc, it protects from all types of e-mail borne threats, there is also antispyware engines...and they don't automatically charge you every year for the service. They actually ask you. Who would have thought of that?! Good customer service? Seems like a rarity these days.

So, until then, I rely on my husband and my "nice" IT services folks to deal with possible virus attacks on my computer.

No comments: