Sunday, January 24, 2010

Extras

Twice a year, I proctor an exam. This is one of those financial ones where there are hundreds of people writing. It's a good gig with some good financial benefits. And the great part is, it's only two times a year.

While I'm proctoring an exam, I have to wear one of those neon, bright yellow safety vests. This helps the examiners distinguish us from other examiners. And they know that we're there to ensure the integrity of the exam...basically no one is cheating.

For the last couple of sessions, I was taking all the safety vests from all the proctors and giving them to a volunteer organization. They do a ton of things for the city, and the vests would help visitors distinguish them as someone that was assisting with the event, and not just a passerby. And as a volunteer organization, anything they can get for free is a good thing. They were happy.

But I've been told that I can no longer do that. I hope they're not being returned to the center only to be thrown away. At least if they're recycling them, I can understand...but if not, I'd be pretty choked. The volunteer organization is also sad that they no longer get awesomely bright vests. =(

No comments: