Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Huh?

Kids baffle me. Sometimes when I think they'll do something, they never do what I think.

I went to my eldest kid's daycare to pick her up. She wasn't there yet as they had gone bowling. Cool. So, I went in to talk to one of the teachers and I noticed that there were 2 boys in there with her. But, they were cleaning. One was mopping and one was vacuuming. Then I started to get those little red flags going off in my head...is this child labour? Are they doing to do this to my kid?

The teacher explained to me that these 2 boys didn't want to go bowling. They actually wanted to stay at the daycare and they were going to clean. Right. What the hell is wrong with this situation? How about everything?

And the boys truly did seem content. Good on them for being proud of their work and wanting to do a good job. But they'd rather clean than go bowling?! What the...?

No comments: