Monday, October 6, 2008

Frozen

Well, that's my youngest kid's mouth. It's frozen all right. That's because she got distracted at the playground and fell off and split in her inner lip. Actually, she split it so deep that you can see the wound on the outside too.

So off to emergency we go to get some stiches. Of course, it's stinking busy. But the emergency folks told of us of a medical clinic that actually does sutures and that it would only be an hour wait rather than 5 at the emergency room. Fine by me. I'm going to disgree for just a moment though. There are times that you pony up the $54 to take an ambulance to the hospital. There was a guy that came in after us and his neighbour brought him into the hospital. We heard bits and pieces...but basically, this guy fell of a ladder and landed on his back. You don't get your neighbour to drive you...frick, that is full on, call 911 moment!!! Common sense folks.

Anyways, off we go to the clinic. And my youngest is doing really well...basically happy and smiling now. But my husband and I are grossed out because she kept pushing on the cut and kept opening it up. Bleah. We were told by the doctor that she definitely needed a stitch or two. But in order to do so, she needed to have a needle to freeze the area in order to be sewed up. I'm thinking there is going to be some screaming. My husband was sweet enough to tell me to leave. He's had stitches before so he knew what to expect. When my kids scream in pain, it's something that I don't deal with well.

So, I leave for 5 minutes and come back so I don't have to hear the screams. And everybody tells me that she was really good. A small whimper and that's it. She gets her stitch and she thinks it's odd and looks like she might freak, but she doesn't. Brave little kid. The doctors even thanked us and they said they were also suprised. They were expecting a fight and lots of screaming too.

Brave and happy as a clam that little kid of mine. I don't think I'd do so well.

No comments: