Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Money

Well, apparently I have made the cardinal sin. I/my kids have misplaced a DVD that we borrowed from the library. I've been looking around for DAYS. I was getting some late charges on the DVD and I thought I better say it's missing. Because at this point, it is missing. I've looked under, over and in various items where it shouldn't be and sure enough, it isn't in those places.

But short story...after I said it was lost, they told me it would cost about $35 in fines. $19.99 for the DVD, $8 for the processing fee and a bunch of late charges. I figured that I wouldn't go to the library for a little bit and just pay the charge at a later time.

Oh no. The library takes their books seriously. I got a letter in the mail today that I have to pay within 21 days or a collection agency will come after me. Holy crap! When did the libraries get crazy with collection agencies?! I have an image of people with bats coming after me.

Oh well, those kidlets better find it or there's going to be hell to pay.

No comments: