Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby Shower

We currently have someone that is on mat leave. But this woman is incredible in terms of setting up parties, etc., for other people at the office. As mentioned, she's gone and I'm doing it now. And it's more by default. No one wants to get it together but then people will complain when it's not done.

I just do it now and just hope everybody shuts up. I'm no where near as good as this other woman who did the planning. But isn't work more important? At least, that's what I stress.

Anyways, I'm planning two events right now. One is for a goodbye. And one is for a baby shower. I don't even bother guessing at what mom's want now. I just ask because you never know what types of unique baby gifts are wanted by the parents. And good thing I asked because I would have never picked the items/stores that this woman picked. But it's a shower for her...so whatever goes.

I'm hoping that someone else will step up for the next event. At least the other woman seemed to actually enjoy it. I don't mind, but I don't think I enjoy it as much. Maybe it's because I deal with so many whiners.

No comments: