Friday, January 28, 2011

Conversation

The other day, I was standing next to a person that I hadn't seen in a while at work. This person is nice but odd. Social skills seem to be lacking, i.e. appropriate topics to talk about when seeing a person you haven't seen in a while.

So I start off the conversation with a simple, "hey, haven't seen you in a while. How are you?"

Seems pretty neutral. Nothing out of the ordinary for a greeting. At least, so I thought.

The response I get is "I'm doing good! I'm enjoying things. My [child] is doing well. My sister breastfeeds both of her kids...and one is 2.5 years old..."

Ok, I could go on about what was said. But the last two sentences seemed totally whacked out. I was waiting for how her sister was going to find a way to produce more breast milk.

Can we say TMI? I'm not even remotely close to this person so I don't even know why this was disclosed to me. And it's not like I was in the middle of doing something that could bring on this type of conversation.

There are things that you can not unhear. Lucky you, you can never unread this again.

No comments: