Saturday, January 8, 2011

Activities

I have never been a parent that has over scheduled my kids. In fact, I'm sure other parents think I under schedule them. But I know when my kids reach their stress points and they're not pleasant during this time. And I also know my stress point. Driving to and from work takes anywhere from 1.5 - 2 hours a day. That's a lot of time to be on the road. To have to rush from lesson to lesson almost every weeknight would be too hard on me. My husband gets home much later than I do so he can't take them. And the amount of money needed for all of these activities.

But I know that some neighbours around here take their kids to lessons almost 7 nights a week. This can be equestrian lessons, ballet, hip hop, sports, etc. Hey, good on them. But a lot of them don't work and their job is a stay at home parent. Great!

I just know that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the time that I have with my girls if I was constantly taking them to lessons every day and during all my spare time, working, and doing what needs to be done. I'm one person with only so much to give. Balance is a good thing.

No comments: