Thursday, October 15, 2009

Uniforms

The other night, I went to a dinner that was provided by Coke-a-Cola. This is they company that I'll be working for as a contractor during the Olympic games. The dinner was a chance for the team members to meet each other and to also give staff a chance to see the new uniforms.

I was a little worried about these uniforms because if they were anything like the Beijing Canada ones, I was going to quit. The 2008 ones were TERRIBLE and I mocked them like there was no tomorrow.

Dinner was fantastic! And extra awesome because it was free. Can't remember the last time the company paid for a meal.

But the uniforms were totally wicked. Basically we all get some variation of the uniform. Long sleeve shirts, zip up hoodies, hats, mittens, roll on duffel bags, etc. I was very happy with the colours, the uniform wasn't tacky and it would be something that I wouldn't be embarrased to wear. What amazed me even more about the uniforms and gear...it's worth approximateyly $900. Whoa. For one month of work, they will pay people to wear uniforms that cost that much?! Wow. They must be rolling in the dough. As a sidenote, did you know that the Coke company (beverages of all kinds) sells approximately 11,000 drinks worldwide every 1.4 seconds?!!!

Anyways, I'm happy and will be proud to wear the uniform.

No comments: