Saturday, October 24, 2009

Movie

The family went out to a movie today. It was between Where the Wild Things Are or Astroboy. When my husband showed the girls the previews for both of the films, my one kid when watching Where the Wild Things are shouted "that's boring me!" Ok, guess the decision was made to go watch the colourful Astroboy.

I used to watch that Japanese cartoon ALL the time when growing up. Every Sunday at 4:30pm on UTv which is now City TV. It was a rocking show...red boots and all. So, I was quite stoked about watching this movie as I really did have fond memories of the cartoon.

The animation was great! And the little boy looked just as I remembered and cute as can be. I must say, I fell in love with the film. I actually cried in a number of places as the story was really well done. I totally bought into the whole story line. And the machine guns out of the butt scene never gets old.

So if you have kids that are the appropriate age, I'd take them. Great messages about finding our place in this world (small MWS reference to all those that know who this...LOL!, love, acceptance and friendship. Kudos to the film.

No comments: