Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pills

I must be up at odd hours of the day because I tend to see a ton of infomercials. It's as if I have the 24 hour channel for it. But I've noticed a trend (how lame am I to notice a trend in informercials...). The trend is no longer about any type of diet pill but more on the internal flush pills. I honestly don't know the difference, but I assume that they do similar things. But maybe the flush one really just cleanses the inside of you and the diet one helps you feel full?

I probably wouldn't be so damn fat if junk food didn't taste so good. I've always been a proponent of having a junk tax because if they slap on a tax and it makes a dent in my budget, I won't buy it...no matter how good it tastes. My girlfriend's sister is actually in law school and looking at this right now. If I understand correctly, they are actually hoping to slap this tax on by this fall.

I wonder if my thinking will be the same for many others where they will buy less junk food when that tax comes. Until then, I wait for the next trend in infomercials.

No comments: