Sunday, June 7, 2009

Music

When I was younger, one of the highlights of my weekend was to head downtown...specifically to Ward music to get new sheet music. Ahhh...nothing like paying $4.95 for a song you really wanted to play on piano.

Of course, when you're a teen and spend endless time at a music store, they think you're stealing stuff. So I basically had to know what I was wanting before I stepped into the store. But being able to take new music home was so awesome!

Of course, fast forward about 20 years and everything of course is on the internet...including piano sheet music. I love being able to browse for hours and no one is getting upset with me. I love it when you go to the sites where you can hear someone playing the actual music. I remember being disappointed a number of times when I would get home and the music sheet was awful because the piano part was tottally lame.

And I love that I can just look and get an idea if I'll be able to play it. If not, next sheet of music to look at. And the beauty of doing it this way is that no one can get mad at me for making creases on the paper.

I'm thinking a little Ginny Owens sheet music for me.....

No comments: