Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bridge

On Sunday, I got a chance to walk over the new Golden Ears Bridge. If I understand correctly, this could cut 15-20 minutes of my commute time when heading over to Pitt Meadows. Not bad at all. Should be worth the toll.

I must admit that I wasn't really wanting to go. But my husband made a good point. It's been a very long time since anything large project like this has been completed and it should be worth celebrating. True, true.

Let's just say that I'm thankful that I brought the double stroller. Yes, I'm sure people mocked us for having "older" kids in one. But considering the walk, the heat and the actual distance, I couldn't care what people thought. While they had their children crying and screaming, mine were under their little stroller shade, eating snacks and enjoying the scenery.

And I must admit, it was quite cool. The cameras that capture your license plate/trasponder remind me so much of Singapore. The lanes were wide unlike the Lions Gate. And it's like a mini Alex Fraser. Cool.

After bridge visiting, it was off to the in-laws for a bbq to celebrate father's day early with 3 fathers and to also celebrate 2 birthdays. Yep. June is a busy month. Good food, good fun. Went by too quickly, and just like that, Monday is here.....

No comments: