Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Reason

Yep. I just wrote about why I wouldn't be moving anytime soon. Well, after hearing what it would cost my friend, there's definitely no reason to move at this time.

Of course, my friend was in San Francisco. He called a number of different moving companies San Francisco to get the best deal possible. But as a Canadian, you're always converting money which isn't the smartest thing to do. When you're in that country, only think in that currency or you'll never sleep. And of course, his move is going to cost him way more than he is expecting.

But I've given some thought to perhaps moving to a cheaper province. The idea that I could possibly sell my house here, move to a cheaper city, get a bigger house and acreage and STILL have money left over for everything else is a real draw. I did give my parent some indication that I was thinking about it. But I did preface it with, "I'm not going to even think that hard about it until you both are dead." They thought it was funny. And if you're offended, it was one of those "you had to be there" moments. I know if I did move now, it would kill my parents.

So until my parents pass away, which is hopefully far into the future, I won't be thinking about moving too much. Or at least, not until I see the next housing complex ad in my area.

No comments: