Saturday, February 28, 2009

Job sites

With this downturn in the economy, I tend to go to the job sites to see what types of jobs are actually out there. Being as nosey as I am, I started to look in other big cities. There was one for Las Vegas resumes...of course, then you have all your different job ads on Craigslist for whatever city and town...I guess I didn't realize how many there were really out there.

The unfortunate thing is that there isn't a lot of great jobs out there. With the downturn in the economy, everybody is tightening their belts. I don't blame them. But it makes it that much harder for someone that is unemployed to get some work. And the competition is feirce.

I'm hoping that things will turn around soon. I see the weariness in people's faces and I worry for their families. It's just so hard these days for those seeking work. And when they can't, I hope our social security net will help them.

The world is a tough enough place already...being unemployed makes it even tougher.

No comments: