Saturday, February 28, 2009

Classrooms

Classrooms haven't changed much since I went to school. But the other day, I heard about some schools thinking of having "different" desks. They would be stand up desks for ergonomic reasons and to help with chidren and their fidgeting. We all know they can't sit for long. Interesting idea...especially when they linked it up with the possibility of children being less obese because they could move around and not sitting on their asses all day.

Then it made me think about what my kid's classrooms will look like. Will they have netbooks instead of books? Will they have palm pilots for agendas? I mean really, it's not that far away.

Then my poor kids will have to hear stories from me starting with..."when I was in school...." Gosh, I'll feel really old then.

1 comment:

Cheryl Anne said...

I want a netbook...specifically an Asus eee 1000HE. Nice! You're right, though...our kids will think we're ancient.