Friday, February 13, 2009

February 13th

I've never had a fear of Friday the 13th. The number 13 in Chinese culture isn't even a scary number. It sounds like "to live." How can a number like that be bad?

It was even better to know that on this day, my husband went in for another routine scan and he was found once again to be cancer free. The wait at the office was extremely long and it was an extremely short visit. I joked and said, well, everytime we come, this is what happens...so we're bound to get good news as that's the routine.

I wasn't expecting anything bad as my husband seems to feeling fine and looks good. But at the same time, I expect the worst. I can only imagine what my husband feels on these days. It was nice to see that he didn't seem too nervous this time.

And I must say, the cancer agency has some really great people there. The person that took us into the examining room actually recognized me. "Weren't you pregnant the last time I saw you?" Well, that would have been at least 3 years ago. But then she said, "No, you brought a baby in too." Crap, that was at least 5 years ago. That woman has a good memory. So we started talking to her and she was such a proud mom herself...showing us pictures of her daughter and son in law. She then proceeded to tell us that she can't wait to have grandkids.

And as we left, she asked how it went for my husband. Thumbs up. I walked by and said goodbye...see you in 6 months. We gave each other hugs and all.

I'm hoping all my visits to the cancer agency will be this way.

No comments: