Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Saturday

Parts of today were great. And other parts, I'd rather just forget.

The great parts inlcluded celebrating my kid's great grandma's 85th birthday! And at this small celebration included family members that I really enjoy talking to and haven't seen in a very long time. There were good conversations and laughs.

We were out in sechelt and this great grandma's backyard is a pristine beach. My family, brother and sister in law all went down to just hang out. The kids loved finding sea stars and crabs under rocks. The great part was that we were the only ones out there. Our own little beach.

The crappy parts? Hmmmm. Where do I start?

When my husband tells me we're leaving at a certain time and we're not ready to go, I get pissed. I've worked my schedule and the kid's schedule to ensure that we leave at the time he has specified. And considering we had a long way to go to get to the ferry terminal, I thought it would be best to leave at the appropriate time and to drive safely there. But no, we left late, he drove like a crazy person and I was just pissed the whole time.

When we get to the ferry terminal, we had a bit of time to wait. Since it was such a long ride, I took one of my kid's to the washroom. As I get out of the washroom, my husband is screaming out of the car and driving onto the ferry. WTF! I'm asking for help from one of the ferry staff and he tells me to walk on, but to go down to the lower area. I meet some other staff member, I explain how my husband was herded on the ferry and that I'm supposed to be with him. He asks me for a ticket and other stuff. Ummm. It's in the car....that's on the ferry...with my husband...and with my keys...and wallet. And I have my one kid with me who is crying hysterically because she saw her dad drive off without her. Thank goodness I remember the ticket number and could tell the staff guy what he needed to know. I ran onto the ferry.

The kids are getting nutso in the car when we get off the ferry. They're tired of sitting. So they're kicking the front seats. One of the seats is where I'm sitting.

At the party, I help with prepping of food and washing dishes at the end. I watch the kids, I play with them, I race after them if I see them in danger. Thanks hubby for sitting there. You suck today.

It wasn't even 12pm and I was just pent up with anger.

The day is over. I'm home safe and sound. I'm going back to reading a book that I've fallen in love with. Wonderful.

No comments: