Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Week

Well, I officially started my first 5 day week this week. Thank goodness next week is the long weekend. Anyways, I hate Mondays and there are reasons why I never used to work them. For whatever reason, things that can go wrong definitely do for me on that one special day.

So, imagine when I woke up this Monday morning. Tried to stay positive. "You're lucky you have work, you only have to drive 1 kid into town, things could be worse" blah, blah, speech to myself. But of course, i had the crappiest night of sleep the night before and I was actually quite crabby.

Get the kid into the car and turn on to the traffic station. Sure enough, on the one bridge I have to take in, there's been a major accident. Oh, but wait, it's in the clearing stages. Because I hear that they're just about finished clearing the accident, I head towards this one bridge. Well, wouldn't you know it, as I get closer, another accident happens on the same bridge and I'm just too far into my route to actually take another one.

Get to work and I get just stupid people and stupid comments. I'm sure it was because I was already tired, crabby and being a Monday that I was harder on people. But really, leave me alone...... Finally made it through the day and it was time to head home.

As I'm heading home towards the bridge that I would normally take, would you fricken believe it? Another accident!!! WTF.

Just little things on a Monday that I would rather not have to deal with.

No comments: