Saturday, March 2, 2013

Heading Out


Well, I'm packing and getting ready to head out of town for a couple of days.  Really looking forward to getting some blue skies and beautiful water.  Yes, grabbing some great food that I miss dearly.  And how about just chilling out?!

It was nice to leave on Friday knowing that I could do what I could do.  For the "big" parts of my job, finished that all up.  Could leave with a clean conscience.  Literally, just going to go enjoy the company that I am with, eat what I want, hang out by the blue water as much as possible and even read a book by my favourite author.  

I miss my family already as part of me wants to be there with them.  But I have to keep remembering that I need time for myself too in order to be fully there for the family.  Taking time for myself is not a bad thing.  

This time away will also give an opportunity for the kids to have some time with their dad.  With his late hours, he doesn't get to see them as often.  So this will be good for him and the kids.  

Blink and I'll be back.  It's a short trip but it'll be a good one.  

No comments: