Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happiness

My friend recently said to me that she couldn't even get mad at me recently as I'm genuinely happy.  Or something along those lines.  She's one of the folks coming on the trip to Hawaii with me and she's done a lot of the leg work.  But she's a planner for trips, more than me, so who am I to get in her way?

And I thought that was interesting comment.  I wasn't mad...just sort of more curious about what others thought about me.  So, I went home and asked my husband.  "Am I too happy that it's sickeningly gross?"  

He said no.  And I believed him because he's not one to sugar coat things.  But he did make an interesting comment that I am much perkier when I'm around people.  And I just think that it's because I pick up on other people's vibes.  He even mentioned that when I meet new people, I'm positive, eager to learn about others, etc.  Yeah, probably.  As much as I'm weary about some, I love the possibility of what type of relationship I will have with this person in the future.  Might not always work out and might even suck, but that's ok, I shed those friendships and continue on with the ones that do work.  

Then I thought about it some more as I found my copy of The Happiness Project.  I put it down and couldn't remember where I put it.  But the chapters I read today seemed to echo my friend's thoughts.  I seem genuinely happy.  And what this author does for her happiness project and what she discovers are thoughts that I've had for a long time.  So I'm not surprised it made her happy as I knew it already made my life happy.  

My life is by no means perfect and I've hit some nasty rough patches before.  Haven't we all?    I won't apologize for being happy the way my life is.  Well, it's not like she's looking for an apology so it doesn't matter.  LOL!

But maybe I'll just dial it down a notch for some folks as I'm sure it can be overwhelming at times.  I'll just do my little happy skip somewhere else.....

No comments: