Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Technology

My kids have never known a camera that wasn't digital.  Even their cheapo cameras have been digital.  

They snap pictures, look at it, then decide if they want to keep it or not.  I think it's great.  And really, digital cameras rock ...especially with all the advancements in camera technology.

So tonight, my girls were looking at a waterproof camera that I had got them.  I said that they could take it to a local pool/water slide park so they can take pictures underwater or with their friends...just some shots to remember the day.  

My youngest looked at me and said, "but after I take the picture, where do I see it?"

"You don't.  See that little hole?  You look through there and you'll see what you'll be taking a picture of and then you click here to snap the picture."

"Ok, but where do I see the picture after I take it?"

"You don't.   Remember what I just told you?"

The idea that my kid did not understand that digital cameras are not the only cameras around and that you can take pictures without seeing them the instant after to her is just a foreign idea. 

Gosh.  Is this how my parents felt when the CDs were just coming out?

1 comment:

Antonio said...

that's because amigo, we are O-L-D.