Monday, September 5, 2011

Supressants

My daughter was watching me play some game on Facebook. And sure enough, she sees an ad on there about the top appetite suppressants. She asked what they were and I explained it to her. I didn't want her taking them, but I wanted her to understand what they were.

I'm one of those parents that truly feels that if you make something forbidden or don't bother explaining why something is bad, kids will gravitate towards that and decide to try whatever it is.

They really understand that smoking is bad (heck, my youngest loves wearing her "no smoking" pin everywhere!). They seem to get the idea that drugs are bad too. Good!

I keep saying...if I can raise kids that are happy, resilient, make good choices for themselves and don't get drug addicted and are true contributing members of society, I've done my job as a parent.

No comments: