Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Self Esteem

My husband and I just watched She's Out of Your League. OMG. It's been a while since I've watched such a funny movie!! I was guffawing because it was so funny!!! But of course, my humour might not be like yours, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

However, the movie brought up a real important point. Self esteem is everything. You don't have that, you really don't have much. Yeah, we all have our awkward moments and feelings that we are not worth much. But it's when you think you have no power, or are not worth much that you will continually get run over by people, to be taken advantage of and continually feel like crap about yourself. But by giving yourself no power, you allow others to treat you like that.

I know I still suffer from low self esteem moments. I think it's only human to do so. But as I grow older, I definitely see the need to maintain and grow my self confidence. I hope to continue to do so with the help of those that surround me and grow with my experiences.

No comments: