Thursday, December 2, 2010

Assistance

I don't ask for help much. I like doing things myself and I don't like to bother people. But I'm smart enough to know when I do need help and will not be shy to ask for it.

And sometimes, people just offer help. But I hate to say it, sometimes their assistance just isn't that helpful. It's more about what they need when I need them most. And it just doesn't work. In fact, their "assistance" becomes way more work for me and gets me all cranky. And so, when I know this help won't be helpful, I put up boundaries and I say no.

I know that sounds cruel. Someone is trying to help me but I refuse. But really, when their help causes me more grief when I don't have the energy or time to deal with it, then it's best that they just leave me alone and give me quiet. Now that's helpful.

No comments: