Thursday, September 6, 2012

Smoking

I am not a smoker or have I ever been.  I've never even tried it before.  So no choking scenes when I'm inhaling for the first time.  No rush that feels like euphoria.  And I'm ok with it.  I'm healthier for it and I choose not to as I want to be around for my kids.  No judgement on my part on those that smoke.  People make choices.  I just don't choose to make that choice. 

But that's not to say I'm not curious.  I used to hang out with a lot of smokers.  And I have to admit that after dinner or at certain times of the day, I'd want to have a smoke because I was almost on their schedule.  It was weird!  But thankfully, I never got started. 

I do realize that sometimes when I'm stressed, I think that maybe smoking wouldn't be a bad idea.  I see everyone destress.  I don't know if it's any better by smoking those famous smoke cigars as they're bigger and smell a heck of a lot better. 

But I've trained my kids to know that smoking is bad.  They'd beat me up if I started up.  

1 comment:

Antonio said...

You are a wise man, Senor Edwardo. Wise man.