Thursday, September 13, 2012

Garage Sale

One of the "exciting" things I did while on holidays was have a garage sale.  The main reason was to get rid of some stuff!  Not sure how we accumulated so much stuff.  But the kids had so many toys to sell.  Ridiculous!  We didn't get to half of their toys!  There were household items and goodness knows what else out there. 

The garage sale was held for two days.  Unfortunately, the 1 day, our signs had fallen down for a while and we had no idea!  So not a lot of sales.  The second day of sales was much better since the signs did stay up...and I added extra signs to the original ones.  "Motivated to Sell."  Basically, name your fricken price and you'll pretty much get it.  

My girlfriend came over to also sell some stuff.  So it was nice to have some company.  We get to check out a flick on Netflix, eat snacks and gab.  That was fun.  

But the most memorable part of the garage sale was my husband!!  My goodness.  That man makes me laugh.  

On the second day of the sale, 2 women came to the sale.  The one woman had 2 boys.  They happily bought stuff and got some great deals.  They the left.  I didn't think about them after they left.  About 10 minutes later, I hear a door close and a van leave.  I asked my friend if it was those 2 women that just left?  10 minutes later?  Seemed odd.  But whatever...who am I to judge.

Maybe about 30 minutes later, those same women came back.  The one woman with kids mentions she forgot to buy a tricycle.  And the she mentions that she dropped her car keys down the drain basin!   She asked if I had anything to help hook it out?  

I go and find whatever I can find.  But I also call my husband down. He's good at this stuff.  He goes out and looks.  Next thing I know, the grate has come off.  I've been asked to go get different things so he can try to get these keys out.  Rakes, sticks, hooks, shovels...etc.  

On the very last trip when I was asked to bring something, I happily went to go get it.  But when I come back to the street, all I could say was, "you're in a f@%*ing sewer!"  I was kindly reminded it was a drain basin.  Basically, my husband hopped into this sink basin to get the keys out.  Ummmm...YUCK!!!! 

But if you can believe it, with his toes, he found the keys and used them to pick them up.   It's ok if you're gagging because I know I did.  But those keys were found and the woman was really appreciative.  

Proud of the guy for helping out.  But I don't plan to touch his legs from the knee down anytime soon.  

No comments: