Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Office Move

Well, the news is official.  I'm moving to my new digs on October 29th.  I'm thankful it's not Halloween...I mean, I have to get home to give out candy to all the kids around the block!  Priorities!!  

The floor plan will be shown to staff very soon.  I'm slightly nervous of what the plan will show.  I know I won't get a window seat.  And that's totally fair since I don't work in the office as much.  Those that have to go in and have no choice but to go in should definitely get the great seats.  I used to work there so I know how good the view is.  

I'm more worried about who I will be sitting by.  I really like my area right now because it's quiet. Everybody is working at a certain rhythmn, phone calls and conversations with other staff are not loud, people can concentrate in their area due to the quietness, people are respective of each other's space.  LOVE it.  

It's pretty hard to give up that quiet and space.  Some people are just more invasive of my space which I'm not fond of, or take up more time than is really needed.  But it is what it is.  I will make the space work for me.  In order to stay sane, I just have to.

Definitely not the end of the world.  But some changes up ahead for sure.  I will definitely miss the great area that I'm in now.  


No comments: