Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Birthday

Birthdays.  Love or hate them...they still come around every 365 days.  I've never hated my birthday but it's never been a huge deal for me.  I tend to stay quiet about this day too.  


But every birthday, I treat myself to something fun/special.  It's my way of celebrating me.  This year, I got myself a 90 minute massage at the Absolute Spa.  OMG.  SO divine!  And what was even better was I got the bestest deal!  I won a gift certificate for 45 minutes.  But that wouldn't do.  I wanted a full 90 minute massage.  So I kept watching for specials.  And then the special came...book a 60 minute massage and get an upgrade to a 90 minute massage...free!  So I only had to pay for 15 minutes of a massage.   


The massage was so awesome.  I was so relaxed that I actually had problems walking for a little bit.  So like jello!  


Then it was off to lunch at Vera's Burgers for a free lunch.  Gosh.  Gotta love birthday coupons!  And it was so good!!!  It has been a while since I've been there so it was extra good. 


Off to some shopping.  Found sales for jeans and shoes.  Then found some great little things for the kids.  


And while going in and out of stores, the sun was shining.  I was totally expecting rain so the sun was a beautiful surprise! 


Then it was off to home to get ready to go out for dinner.  Hey, I did not want to cook on my day.  One night off is ok right?  We tried going to the Olive Garden but the wait was an hour long.  Thanks but no thanks.  Too stressful.  So Sammy J's it was that night.  It was ok.  But again, I didn't have to cook!   The family members gave me their birthday cards and they were sweet, funny and totally awesome.  


Off to home again to watch my favourite tv show that had a season opener that night!  The Killing. OMG.   What a great show.  Though I have to admit that all the chilling made me so relaxed that I couldn't finish the show.  I had to go off to bed.


So a totally chilled day...just the way I like it.   Good time with my family.  But also for myself to relax and think about where I am in life, how I feel about myself and where I belong on this little blue planet.  


I can see the need to push myself harder on certain things and perhaps relax on some things.   I know I'm not perfect.  But I do feel that I'm in a good place in life.  I am healthy to take care of others.  At times, this is difficult and strenuous.  But I've been fortunate to be able to have good health to continue to care for others.  


I am surrounded by wonderful family and friends.  Money can't buy you this type of happiness.  These people have been with me through good times and bad.  And they exude a type of energy and support that I truly appreciate and am thankful for.  


I am fortunate to have work that I actually like.  Maybe there are "bigger" things for me to do career wise.  But right now, I'm meant to be here where I am.    


I have 2 wonderful kids that I get to be a mother to.  Are there crazy days?  For sure.  Does it get stressful?  Absolutely.  But the joys that I've been able to have with these 2 kidlets has been worth all the fractured skulls, the crazy health scares, the poopy diapers and goodness knows what else.  


I know that I still want to do so much more in my lifetime.  I continue to dream those dreams and each year, I hope to accomplish a little more towards those dreams.  At 38, I feel so at peace with so many things in life.  



No comments: