Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving

Well, another Thanksgiving come and gone. This year was a little different in terms of celebrating...that's because half the family isn't here!

We ended up hosting Thanksgiving this year. We had my family (4 of us) and my brother in law, sister in law and their son. So 7 of us in total. That's it! Easy, peasy!

Because my kids and I had a dentist appointment that day, I couldn't make a turkey. No offence to my husband, I just didn't trust him with the bird. For those that know me...remember the story of the first meal he made for me. Enough said!

I just ended up buying 2 roast chickens...and just made a ton of easy sides. All the sides were done within an hour. It was awesome.

Then we all just chilled, the kids played and a good time was had by all. That is, until the evening!

OMG. I was the only one that ate the tzatziki. I had checked the expiry date and I wasn't even close to it. Let's just say I had food poisoning that night from 2 bites of that stuff. I guess I didn't remember what date I opened it and thought it was still good. The bucket and washroom were my best friends.

Regardless of a yucky evening, I had a great time with family. I have lots to be grateful for.

No comments: