Monday, October 24, 2011

Geocaching

This weekend, I tried looking for my first geocache! And I can see why people do this now. One of the reasons people geocache is to explore parts of the city/world/area that others are wanting them to enjoy. And at the end of it, find a little treasure, momento or just a chance to say you were there through a notebook or the geocache itself. Every item and signature brings a story which is another great reason people do this. I tried it as I had a small bit of time to kill and it was such a beautiful day on Saturday. I went to an area by Granville and 75th...would have never ventured there on a regular day. And I'm so glad I did! My youngest daughter was with me and we found this public pathway that took us to a beautiful view of the water. We had a chance to walk the pathway, enjoy the sun and each other's company while looking for the geocache. Unfortunately, due to the limited time, we didn't find it. Though I know we were in the right area. But my daughter was very interested and can't wait for her next search with me! I'm hooked!

No comments: