Monday, January 26, 2009

New Year

It is the first day of the Chinese New Year, I think year 4,707...something like that. And it's the year of the Ox. My husband is an ox so it's totally his year. But apparently, it's such an auspicious year that he actually has to curb some of that special light that comes down from the gods so that it doesn't actually overcome him or where he's given so much luck that it's unlucky. Something like that.

Anyways, I bought my hubby two charms made of jade. One was a rooster and one was a snake. These are small charms to ward off bad spirits...they are friends with the Ox. I asked him to put one by his computer and one at his office. And he was so funny...he asked where the 3rd one was. Huh? And he said, "one for my car." Guess I better get on that.

I'm a Tiger. More specifically, a wood tiger. Of course, I wanted to read some predictions to see what type of year to expect. Usually they have a bunch of good things and then they sandwich it with a bad thing or two. Ummm. Wood tigers are going to have a CRAP year. Every facet that they predicted, i.e. health, money, career, etc....pretty much terrible. I think I might have been given a poor or fair rating in some category. And that was the good news. Holy smokes. Given all these bad predictions, I better get a shrine of charms.

However, on my first day of the new year, the patullo bridge was fixed well ahead of schedule. That in itself was a miracle considering we all thought it was going to be 4-6 weeks. Work was kick ass good. Everything I needed to accomplish, and there was a very large to do list, was completed. Everybody I needed to contact was there. And nobody gave me attitude today. The drive home was great. The girls and I had some good quality time. And I got a quick back massage from my husband. I needed one.

I hope the rest of the year stays this way. Or maybe that's just the universe's way of playing a cruel joke on me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

**********************
Win Cash on my blog. Click here.

$10,000+ Cash Prizes
**********************

-No Email Required
-UNLIMITED ENTRIES

Cheryl Anne said...

wow....I didn't know you can spam blogs.

Anyways....how do you know you're a wood tiger? Am I wood tiger too?