Saturday, March 22, 2014

Small Taste of Freedom

It is Spring Break and my kids will be heading off to my in-laws for a 5 days.  The kids actually chose this activity, not me.  They have daycamp, but they thought hanging out with their grandparents would be a ton of fun.  I think it will be fabulous for all of them to spend some time together!  

My husband will also be away during this time due to training.  That means, I'm all by myself for the entire week. 

When I initially heard this, I was a little sad.  I'll miss my family.  But then, the more I thought about it, I realized that this is a small vacation that I've been wanting and didn't even have to even ask for it!  Just think, the only meals that I will have to make are for me...if I decide to make it!  I can go out and not even have to worry about returning on time.  Quiet?  I vaguely remember that!!  

Being a mom is fabulous, but there are a number of demands on me in terms of my energy.  And work, commuting, being a wife and everything else in between can take a toll on me.  Not that I regret it.  Not that I would make any different choices.  

But my goodness...ME time!  There it is!  No guilt, no restrictions, whatever I want!  As I was telling a number of other mothers (who are all travelling to sunny destinations and having incredible adventures), they all said that I had the best Spring Break plan.  I think they're right!  

So besides work, I'm filling it with meeting with friends and family that I haven't seen for a while.  Not cooking one night of dinner.  Have plans for quiet activities once I get home.  OMG.  Maybe take a long luxurious bath and read a book?  

I'm going to fill up my bucket this week so that when everybody returns home, I'll be more than ready to have them back.  


No comments: