Sunday, March 16, 2014

Purses

I'm on a local bidding site and I happened to see a purse I liked.  It was a brown fabric one. Nothing fancy...nothing amazing.  But I guess I was naive in thinking that.  

Here's the thing, people are bidding on the item and there is an end time.  The post is only on for 24 hours.  Whoever is the highest bidder within the 24 hours is the winner.  But sometimes it's very close because people are all waiting to the last minute so they can be the last bidder. 

And that's exactly what happened with this purse.  I bid, and kept bidding until I thought it was over.  But there were so many bids in at the last minutes that it was hard to tell who actually won. 

Because it was so close, I asked the seller if they could clarify who won.  Then, the claws went out with a ton of women.  Holy smokes!  One person said that I had won (fabulous).  Another one said they weren't sure and started to personally attack the one that said I had won.  Then a fight ensues online about who won, who is actually an administrative person, who sets the rules, who is a trouble maker, etc.  

Ladies.  It's a purse.  You can go buy one at a store if you'd like.  Go to a garage sale.  Go on Craigslist.  I'm saying that there are many options to go find a purse. 

But maybe I'm saying that because I won the auction. 


No comments: