Sunday, October 6, 2013

First Week Back

It was my first week back to work this week after a bit of a hiatus.  Wow.  Talk about a bit of information overload.  This weekend, I really do feel a bit jet lagged just due to the information that was coming in and what needed to be done.  I survived and am caught up.  PHEW.

It certainly was nice to see folks I liked and getting caught up on everything under the sun.  Maybe some different adult interaction is what I needed.  In some ways, there were so many changes in the workplace and yet in some instances, it's like nothing changed.  

The only thing that has been really difficult is getting up at 4:45 again.  Wowsers.  It was easy during the summer, but now that it's dark in the mornings.  It's a real chore.  And especially since my carpooling will be ending shortly and I will have no more work at home days.  Actually, everybody is mourning the fact that we will no longer have work at home days.

I know, I know.  First world problems.  But the time and commute really does change how our family will run.  But we will make it work.  

2031...my retirement year.  It's soon right?


No comments: