Sunday, September 15, 2013

Promotion

Probably about the only person that talks herself out of a promotion...on purpose.  

I was asked to take on some new responsibilities and I would be compensated for that.  However, the more I listened, the more I knew it wasn't for me.  

The money was attractive.  The title seemed great.  But it's not all about the money and title.  Done that before and I hated my job at that time.  I'm at a place where I truly feel that I can balance my home life and my work life.  That to me is more important than money and a title.  

As well, hearing the duties, I know I'd hate what I would become.  I would be that bitter employee that is constantly cranky.  I would be that miserable employee that everybody hates.  That's not good.  I would also take that anger and bring it home and probably be the crankiest mom and wife ever.  That's no good to anybody either.  And all for a bit of extra money?  

Sorry, but my sanity, mental health, and happiness are not worth that extra bit of money.  Other people probably think I've made the worst decision.  But I know myself well enough.  Being the miserable employee at work that everybody talks about is not a good thing.  

Some would chomp at this opportunity as it's about power and control.   Go for it.   Be my guest.  Some people are meant for certain types of work.  And I'm not suited for this.  


No comments: