Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Kids and Friends

Today, I had to console my youngest kid.  She was crying so hard when she saw me.  Her day was kind of crappy and really, it all came down to 1 kid.  

Now, I'm an advocate of kids learning to deal the best way possible with other kids.  The reality is that those same people are out in the workplace and in the real world.  I can't be there to fight every battle. 

But this one kid is a bully, is mean, and is downright devious.  Not a real fan of hers.  However, I love the rest of the family.  

I've coached my kid on different tactics.  And for the most part, they work.  But the reality is, hurt people hurt other people.  And I don't know what happened to this kid, but she obviously has been hurt and rejected by others.  But lashing out, being a total bully and just playing mean mind games with other kids isolates her even more. 

I felt so bad for my kid.  It's a crappy way to end the day...and it's only the 2nd day of school.  Hopefully this resolves itself.  Better yet, I hope this kid is in a different class from my kid and actually leaves the daycare.  That will end this in a jiffy. 

If life were so easy.  

No comments: