Sunday, October 6, 2013

Finally

For those that know, getting my ears pierced was a really big thing.  And that's because my dad had some real issues with getting holes in my ear. 

But at a recent dinner, he sort of gave me his blessing to go do it.  And really, I'm close to 40!  I shouldn't have to have to get his blessing.  But it was this long standing issue I've had with my dad and it was really hard to shake. 

So sure enough, I went to get it done.   The  woman was sweet.  Though she couldn't understand why it took me so long.   The length of time it took me to do it, one would think it was because I was making some life altering decision.  Nope.  Just two little holes in my ear. 

Part of my decision of wanting to get them was because of travelling!   When I go travelling now,  I tend to get jewellery of some sort.  Every time I wear it, I get to reminisce about where I was, when I got it, and all the other great memories of that trip.  Earrings will now give me a bigger option in terms of travelling souvenirs.  

I'm thinking Croatia will have some nifty souvenirs for me!  

No comments: