Sunday, October 20, 2013

Teachers

I'm so thankful that my kids got teachers they love this year.  Has made a real difference for the whole family. 

At one point, my oldest kid got a teacher that did not mesh with her.  I didn't think she was a bad teacher, just personally, was not a good match with my kid.  And it doesn't matter, there are people we just will not get along with, but you need to figure out how to work with them and deal with them.  

I had a lot of conversations with my one kid about this.  It's life.  She just had to make it through the year the best that she could, learn what she could and deal with the teacher.   Considering how much she loathed the teacher, her grades were actually very good.  But it really did not make for a happy school year.  

Fast forward to this year, that same kid has no issues doing her homework, talks about what she's learning, is happy with her class and enjoying school.  All because of a different teacher.  Sure makes life around here a lot easier.  But she's learned some good lessons about life and people from last year.  She isn't taking this awesome teacher for granted.

As for my other kid, she was able to get a teacher she's had before.  Actually, both of my kids have now had her twice and I'm just thrilled.  This teacher really brings out the best in kids and I'm happy to see that she's enjoying school too.  

So thankful for a happy school year!

No comments: