Sunday, August 16, 2009

Recent Happenings

Ahhh...so long since my last blog. Well, things just got busy around here. Work is crazy, as always, but I love it. Kids are busy bodies and having to keep them busy. And the last 2 weeks have just been filled with activities. Wedding last Saturday, then almost every night onweard, I actually had plans. And I just came back from Birch Bay. Tiring but extremely fun.

As mentioned previously, the wedding was a Muslim wedding and the first that I've been to. The bride was stunning and I cried when I saw her walk down the aisle. The ceremony was short and sweet. It was very meaningful and the singing of this one hymn was hynotic and beautiful. The reception was immaculate, tons of entertainment, funny speeches and tons of food. But it was a little late for me. Dinner wasn't until 10:30 at night. By the time dancing started, it was 12:15 and I had to drive home. But it was wonderful to see a friend and colleague tie the knot and have an extremely memorable day.

I had a great time out at Birch Bay this weekend too. Some great friends and colleagues to hang out with. Beach time, shopping (way too much shopping), good food and good company. And probably what I love best is the quiet at night. It's a good reminder to just slow down. And with that quiet came deep sleep which is also wonderful. Oh, it has been so long since I've gone into such a deep sleep to dream. That is a real luxury.

So one week to go before I get an actual week of vacation. I can't wait. Just doing the staycation thing with the family. Lots to see and do. And just like that, summer is over. It's going much to fast.....

No comments: