Monday, August 3, 2009

Long Weekend

Ahhh...long weekends. An extra day that I don't have to work. I can deal with that. Any day that I don't have to work is a good thing.

Friday night was a night at my parent's place for dinner with the girls. And I must admit, it was a non-argumentative night over a ton of KFC. I had a great time catching up with my parents and it was nice that my stepmom didn't have to cook that night. So it was totally relaxing.

Saturday was a full day...at least for me. 8am...yes, 8am dentist visits for all of us. Only to find out I have 2 cavities. I swear, I brush and floss. After that, off to volunteer at the Powell Street Festival. Oh, it was so wonderful to see my taiko buddies!!! Catching up with all of them was so fantastic. Makes me miss taiko big time. And volunteering was so easy!! The time went by so fast. I was so sad to leave...however, there was a cancellation at the dentist's office...so I went right after volunteering to get my cavities fixed. OMG. 2.5 hours at the office. They had to take pictures of some other issue with some other tooth. But the good part is that it's done. I love my dentist but I hate going to see her.

Sunday was a bit of clean up and then off to a barbeque at my husband's co-worker's place. Ummm...central A/C. Yep. It was awesome. And they had this amazing back yard that had the full on bbq, fireplace, chairs, etc., in the backyard. Like a magazine spread. It was just fun to eat and chat with some good company, and the A/c totally rocked.

Monday totally ruled. Cleaned up what we needed to clean. Then the rest of the day was a free for all. Everyone puttered in their own way. It was so great! The weather was cooler too which made the day extra enjoyable. I love puttering.

So, I can't say it was a totally eventful weekend. But it was a nice pace and I do feel somewhat rested. That to me is awesome.

No comments: