Sunday, August 30, 2009

Education

I truly believe that learning is life long, never just a set amount of time. You learn when you can, and if you can afford to go to formal education, then do it.

I know that in previous years, I had gone into HR training. And at one point, I was going to get an Organizational development degree of some type. But I'm glad I didn't. Not because it wasn't interesting, in fact, it was awesomely interesting. I know that schools such as Gonzangonline.com provide this training. I know that this type of training will open a lot of doors for people to get into consulting or even management. Maybe even open more career paths.


But I couldn't see myself working in HR or trying to assist teams or do training. I liked the idea...but that's not good enough. Some were meant to be in HR stuff, not me. I think I'd choke a ton of people while in the job.

For now, I am quite content in my position and very happy I didn't go into HR. However, I can see myself needing a new challenge soon. Where that leads, I'm not sure. Maybe I just need the same job, but in a different department. Maybe I need a job that is more creative. Either way, I have choices...I hope I make some good ones for myself.

No comments: