Thursday, March 26, 2009

Advice

Today I went to French class. And there are times that I'm totally wiped after class because it's a lot to take in. Today was one of those days.

But I think it wasn't the actual class itself. We had the opportunity to learn some new stuff. It's just that we, as the class, spent a ton of time talking to our teacher about his new baby! Very exciting indeed. But I must admit, we were willing this baby to come out because we knew we'd have a one week break from French. So bad, so bad. But I digress.....

Imagine that half of our class are parents. We're all in our early 3os. The teacher is approximately 45 years old. And this baby was his first baby. It was so cute hearing him talk about the experience, how tired he was, learning how to deal with a new baby...and again, how tired he was. Then the class jumped in and tried to provide "helpful" advice to a new parent. He was such a good sport...he took it in, he wrote down notes. I gave a whole bunch of websites that gave away free baby stuff that was helpful to me, coupons, etc. Then it was whether to swaddle, what do you when the kid doesn't stop crying, how to hold him, what foods to provide his wife to help her recover. If we did this all in French, that would have been impressive, but we're not that good.

Funny how happy news can make you tired too. I like that kind of tired though.

No comments: