Thursday, April 24, 2014

Croatia Bound

In just over 8 days, I'll be heading to Croatia.  Never been!  Has been on my list of things to do but I just thought it would be one of those places I dreamt about rather actually getting to visit.  

I've rented an apartment for the first 3 days.  It's fully furnished and right on the "downtown" strip.  That way, I can't get too lost.  =) 

Will I miss my family?  Absolutely.  Part of my heart aches leaving them.  I've never been away from them for this long.  And I think my husband is having a small panic attack. He has to figure out how to feed the kids.  I don't think he's thrilled about it.  But I keep reminding him that he is a trouble shooter and he'll figure out something.  I wasn't sure how to do things at first and then I figured it out.  He will too.  

But as much as my heart aches, I'm ready for an adventure and I need some "me" time.  Selfish?  Perhaps.  But I think it's important to take care of myself too.  I'm no good to anybody if I am not healthy.  

I am getting excited as I love new adventures and meeting new people, especially those from a different country.   And I anticipate that this is a long enough trip that it will change me in some way.  Trips always do that and I'm grateful for it.  

But before I go, lots to take care of!

No comments: