Monday, October 15, 2012

Wedding Saturday

We have had an amazing September and October in terms of weather!  Lots of sun and it's been fantastic!  So imagine my horror when I heard that big rainstorms were going to happen over the weekend during a wedding. 

I know in many cultures it's considered luck to have it rain.  I think people came up with that just to make everybody feel better.   But it poured, poured, poured.   Though, when they came out of the church, there was a break so they could take pictures!  Wonderful!

It wasn't a big wedding by any means.  But it was beautiful looking.  I got to sit with some people I actually knew and we had many good laughs that night.   

Considering I didn't know this couple well, I wasn't sure that I would even shed a tear for these folks.  But I have to admit, when the vows were read and repeated, I did tear up.   "For better or worse and sickness and in health."  And I liked how the minister ended it..."may you have more betters than worses" as it didn't sugar coat the fact that marriage can be one of the most difficult things you go through, but it can also be wonderful.  

So congrats to the new couple...and may you have many betters than worses.  

No comments: